Whether supporting the racing, outreach, or membership programs, there are many opportunities to help foster a vibrant sailing community in the City of Lakes at the Minneapolis Sailing Center (MSC). Email us to get involved: email@example.com
Race Official / Safety Boat
- Race Official: MSC is looking for race officials to help run weekly races and youth regattas. Interested volunteers will participate in a free on-shore class to learn about being a race official and then join current judges for races to get training on the water.
- Safety Boat Driver: Safety boat drivers are needed for weekly races and youth regattas to operate a motor boat and provide help where needed. Training will be provided to interested volunteers.
- Member Liaison: Meet members at the lake to introduce them to the program and help them work towards certification in different boats.
- Event Planning: Plan, organize and publicize open houses and other events.
- Event Support: Support community building events at MSC. Set up and breakdown of hosting space, obtaining and serving food, etc.
- Fleet Maintenance: Off-season opportunity. Repair and maintain the MSC fleet, under guidance of MSC staff. Training provided.
High School / Youth Racing Program
- Booster Club: Help fundraise for traveling regattas, grow participation in the program, arrange for purchasing of school specific team gear.
- School Liaison: Be the point person for recruitment efforts and publicity at your child’s school.
- Regatta Host Team: Support MSC when we host regattas at Bde Maka Ska. Includes coordinating other volunteers, set up and breakdown of hosting space, obtaining and serving food, etc.
- Regatta Carpool Driver: drives groups of sailors to and from local regattas from the sailing center assembly point at Bde Maka Ska.
- Junior Instructor: Youth ages 14-16 volunteer for half the day during youth summer camps and attend Youth Racing 420 class the other half of the day free of charge.
- Outreach Program Captain/Instructor: MSC is expanding our outreach program to provide sailing opportunities to folks who otherwise may not get the chance. We need volunteers to captain our Ensigns during these outreach events. Training will be provided.